1.20.2009

Update

I guess it has been quite a while since we have added any updated information onto our blog. Life has certainly not been boring for us these last few months. I have had my prayers answered to move to the corporate side of Wachovia, only to reconsider if that is where the Lord would call me to be... Needless to say, I now work at UNCC in the Mail Center. It is wonderful and Nathan and I truly feel blessed by the Lord and felt His hand directing our steps.
This has been an amazing period of blessing and provision from the Lord, but it has not been without "growing pains". I have been paying for a few things in specific lately that the Lord would show me and help me to grow in.

1. Self Sufficiency
2. Pride
3. Selfishness... to name a few...

I had been waiting on the Lord to reveal to me how I could begin to move past some of these repeat offenses... A few weeks ago, I went out to get in my car to go to work and just felt that something was out of place... well, upon further inspection, (and by "further inspection", I mean when I opened my door because my windows were frosted over), I realized that someone had been in my car the night before. I was immediately confused, hurt, upset, mad, and felt completely violated. I did not have time to process the incident since I had to be at work and after throwing everything back in whatever place I could find to put it, I was off to work.
The lesson for me at that moment should have been to immediately PRAISE THE LORD that my car was still at my house to begin with,and that NOTHING was even taken from my car (not even my Aldi quarter) and pretty much NO DAMAGE. But of course as you can probably guess from my list of favorite offenses, I was so self absorbed with feelings of fear, and anger that I did not even get around to thanking the Lord until after dinner that night. Realizing the error of my ways, I have begun an overnight campaign against the horrible sinner within and have uncovered a HUGE PILE of fear, frustration, anger, self sufficiency, etc etc etc.
Needless to say, the Lord answered my prayer to show me how to work on these issues in a big way and He has been faithful to continuously point these areas out to me over the past month. I have certainly had some wonderful friends and family members praying for me and supporting me along the way as I am waging my war against the little voice inside of me screaming at me to do it on my own and that I do not need help. I have been so blessed by the wonderful teaching we have received at Church as well over the past few months/weeks. They have certainly spoke to my heart especially the past few messages on Holiness.
It is encouraging to be reminded as I am beginning to feel the weight of the war ahead of me that the battle is already won. I am no more justified before the Lord than THAT DAY when I accepted the Lord into my heart and the blood that Jesus shed on the cross for me was what washed me and made me perfect and forgiven before the Lord my Savior. It is also wonderful to be reminded that the battle is not about myself but about the GLORY OF GOD!
"Lord I pray that you will use my weakness and inability to contribute anything good to your cause to show those whom I may encounter, Your Love, Your Forgiveness, Your Strength, Your Grace, Your Peace, and Your Perfect Plan for Mankind. May I always be motivated by Your Glory and accept your grace to change when I am weak and broken. Thank you for all of my blessings, for my life, and my salvation. Amen."

2 comments:

The Brown Family said...

See what I mean? You need to be blogging girl! The Lord has gifted you :). Thanks for posting!

Robin said...

what a great post! you might not post often, but when you do it is a blessing! i'm glad to hear of all that the Lord is doing in your heart! thanks!