Prayer seems to be that safe haven for me to turn to when I just don't know what else to do. It is a safe place that I can lay myself out before the Lord and beg for mercy, cry out for assistance, lift up a friend, and ask for grace for a loved one, worship the Lord for His goodness, kindness, and blessing in my life. Prayer can bring believers together, it can offer solace, and it can refresh the spirit.
Recently, I have been growing a little discouraged as I have been petitioning the Lord on behalf of some individuals that I dearly love. Not discouraged in the Lords Awesome Power to answer my prayers, and the prayers of the others who love and are lifting these individuals up as well, but discouraged in my words, in my ability to translate what is in my heart to tell the Lord what I am attempting to translate. The honest truth is that some emotions of the heart are unable to be put into words.
But, the great truth about prayer is that our God is so Awesome that even though our words may not be adequate, He knows exactly what it is that we are asking for. Recently, I have asked a few individuals to lift up a few particular issues up before the Lord on my behalf. Some for others, and one item in particular for me. I went to bed and woke up the next morning freshly aware of the Lords Power and Peace in my life. I was overwhelmed by a peace that I could not explain and my other prayers for one person in particular were also answered.
Now... I know that not all prayer is meant to be answered immediately as these prayers were, but this fresh pouring out of grace and mercy reminded me that even though I may offer up petitions before the Lord on a daily basis, asking for the same thing, He is all knowing and will answer the request in His perfect timing.
We cannot pretend to know what the Lord is up to, or why He chooses to answer certain prayers quickly, and asks us to wait for answer for other items, BUT I do know that we serve and Awesome, Mighty, and All Knowing Father, who always has our best in mind. Don't give up faith that your prayers will be answered, don't feel that your words are inadequate... that is the miracle of salvation that the Lord takes us just as we are. He saved us despite of our foolish and feeble minds. He has the power to save, to heal, to give to us, and to take away from us, and He will always have our best in mind as He reveals His plan to us. I am refreshed by the spirit to continue to petition the Lord daily despite my allowing myself to foolishly become discouraged by my attempts. Please let me know how I can be praying for you!
4.16.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kristie- This is excellent! Very encouraging truth you posted here. THANK YOU for being such a faithful friend who consistently prays for our family. Thats the kindest thing you could do for us!! We love you and are so grateful for you!
Post a Comment