In college I use to use these little Moleskine journals to draw a little doodle, or write down a thought. I have tons of them all over my house but you really can't beat the convenience. http://www.moleskines.com/ is the link so you can see what is available, but they can be found at any bookstore. My favorites being the Cahier Pocket Ruled Journal (in the color blue of course). They only measure 5.5 x 3.5 so can easily be tucked into any purse or pocket. I love the fact that at any time someone tells me something they are working on, dealing with, concerned about, or even praising the Lord about, I can pull the journal out of my purse and jot it down. This way I do not forget what they just told me, or anythimg Lord has laid on my heart. As you can see from this picture, you can buy them very tiny. But they also sell much larger ones if you would rather have a bigger journal. This is the size that works best for me. :)
Prayer Journeling is also a great tool for going back and recalling the prayers that the Lord has answered, and to review the items I may need to continue to petition the Lord about. What a surprise to open up an old purse I had put away and find an old journal. Amazimg to recall what the Lord has done, and what items I may still be in faith for the Lord to answer.
As I reveiwed my most recent prayer journal I read over and over.. Pray for ________, to sell house, Pray for ________ as they have a home inspection, Pray for _____'s new baby, Pray for ______ to feel better. I am so excited that so many of these prayers were answered! The Lord has been so kind to me and all of my loved ones this past year. Sometimes when you go through a difficult period it is hard to remember all of the kindnesses the Lord has shown you because the trial you are currently facing is taking up so much of your gaze.
Praise the Lord for simple reminders of His Mercy that can turn your focus off of the difficult, and remind us of the kindnesses and graces that the Lord bestowes upon us daily. I am blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment