3.15.2011

YET WILL I TRUST HIM

Recently I have felt a burden to pray for my family and friends for Faith to Trust the Lord even in the midst of Trials and Suffering.  So many days we are so focused on just making it through the day. I do not think the Lord wants us to be facing each day thinking, "How can I survive this".  He wants us to face each day, no matter what we will experience with faith, hope, and peace that it is all in His hands. 
In all things we should praise Him.


An excerpt from the book Beside Still Waters by C.H. Spurgeon

Yet Will I Trust Him (Job 13:15)

A Child of God is not expected to be Stoic, for God's grace takes away from the heart of stone.   When we endure trials, we feel the pain.  Do not ask to be made hard and callous, for this is not how grace works.  Grace makes us strong to bear trials, but we still have to bear them.  Grace gives us patience and submission, not stoicism.  We feel, and we benefit by the feeling.  There are some who will not cry when God chastens, and thee are some who will not yield when God strikes.  Do not be like them!  Be content to have Job's suffering heart (Job1:21)  Feel the bitter spirit and he anguish of soul which racked the blessed patriarch.
My dear friend, when grief presses you to the dust, worship there!  Remember David's words, "Pour out your heart."  But do not stop there; finish the quotation.  "Pour out your heart before him."  Turn your heart upside down, empty it, and let every drop run out.  "Pour out your heart before Him, God is a refuge for us." (Ps. 62:8).
When you are bowed down beneath a heavy burden of sorrow, worship and adore God there.  In full surrender to to His divine will, say with Job, "Though He slay me, yet I will trust Him." (Job 13:15).  This kind of worship subdues the will, arouses the affections, stirs the whole mind, and presents you to God in solemn consecration.  This worship sweetens sorrow and takes away it's sting.

No comments: