6.29.2008

Our first Impression, and the Louvre


Well, I guess it is about time that I add some long awaited photos from our trip to Paris. I know I am a little behind my sister in-law... but she is just a little more on the ball than I am. This first photo is of our "Town House" that we stayed in while in France. The entire resort was made up completely of these houses. A little different than staying in a highrise hotel..

We were very tired after flying all night, but we were still eager to get out and do some exploring. We were lucky enough to be able to catch a shuttle bus to the train station every day. This is us waiting on that shuttle on the first day!


We were pleased to find that the Disney Theme park was located right outside of the train station.. We did not end up going into the theme park but we did go to the shoppi
ng area and just look around. We then were so shocked to see that not only were we at a Disney theme park.. we had also found the US Embassy! Amazing!!

Just in case you did not realize it.. this is not REALLY the US Embassy, however we did learn to affectionately come to know McDonalds as such.

On Tuesday we were off and running straight to the Lo
uvre! We had out first experience with the Paris transit system, trains, and the metro. Here is the Metro Sign right outside of the Louvre.. definately one of the most recognizable metro signs.




Of course we saw all of the important things in the Louvre... well maybe they were only important to me but here is a snapshot of a few things we saw.. Of course the Mona Lisa... which is surprisingly small, a few frescoes, and of course some oil paintings.



No comments: